A strategic planning training course that demystifies the whole process and provides a practical approach to understanding strategy and strategic thinking. Strategic planning is an essential business management skill: coming up with a vision for a better, brighter future and translating that into a doable strategic plan. At the same time, it is a creative and exciting process that takes you beyond the restrictions of current thinking and opens up new possibilities for the future.
This course is an introduction to the field of Strategic Management. It covers the key concepts and theories in the field and how they can be applied to real business situations. The main objective is to learn how to formulate and implement successful strategies that grant competitive advantage to a firm, where a strategy is a plan that guides managerial decisions.
KHDA (Knowledge and Human Development Authority), Govt. of Dubai
- The business model of the firm
- Industry structure and strategic interactions
- Value creation and competitive advantage
- Strategic resources
- Dynamic capabilities
- Creative Problem Solving
- Making and aligning Strategic Plans
- Strategic Partnerships
- Efficiently structure a competitive situation amidst an excess of data
- Use analytical reasoning to evaluate competitive scenarios
- Critically evaluate strategic alternatives for a firm
- Recognize competitive patterns among firms in the global economy
Who should attend?
- Ideal if you are taking on a new management role and want to become an effective business leader.
- Suitable for all those with strategic planning responsibilities or for those responsible for implementing a strategy handed down from above.