This course will benefit both you and your organisation by learning how to capture the critical detail from meetings and disseminating clear action points to the right people. We take you through the role, the skills you need and how you can improve them. We show you how different styles of minutes suit different types of meetings, and what to do before, during and after a meeting.
KHDA (Knowledge and Human Development Authority), Govt. of Dubai
- Why to take minutes?
- Meeting preparation
- Minutes Styles and Types of Meetings
- Writing Up and Distributing the Minutes
- Key listening skills
- Essential note taking
- Understanding meeting minutes templates and when to use them
- Know how to write different kinds of minutes suited to the occasion
- Developing your listening skills to extract important information
- Comprehend the style and tone of language and legal requirements
- Learn how to effectively edit and proofread minutes to ensure accuracy
Who should attend?
- Anyone who needs to take notes or minutes at meetings.
- The variety of people who need minute taking training is extremely wide, though likely candidates include secretaries, PAs and administrative assistants.