A unique course that offers training in the core skills of career coaching and counselling. The various stages of career counselling are covered on the course – from contracting with clients through to decision making and action.
KHDA (Knowledge and Human Development Authority), Govt. of Dubai
- What is career counselling?
- The Five Stage Framework of Career Counselling
- The relationship between career and personal counselling
- Essential skills of career counselling
- Managing client expectations
- Active listening & Summarising
- Giving feedback
- Visioning: generating new ideas
- Blocks and Bridges to action
- Setting objectives, Action Planning & Outcomes
- Using questionnaires/assessments in career counselling
- Will be able to use a staged and structured model of career coaching to support clients in addressing career related issues
- Will have built a repertoire of skills and techniques to provide effective career coaching
- Become confident to use tools and career questionnaires to facilitate career coaching discussions
- Get experienced the process of career coaching both as a career coach and a coachee
Who should attend?
- Our course is suitable for anyone interested in offering career support to individuals or groups – coaches, mentors, psychologists, career consultants, HR and Learning & Development professionals.